dahliaOS on VirtualBox
This guide will walk you through live booting dahliaOS on VirtualBox.
- Go to the VirtualBox download page (opens in a new tab) and select the VirtualBox for your host OS.
- Go through the setup and install VirtualBox.
- Download the legacy ISO here (opens in a new tab).
- Open VirtualBox and click on New.
- Give the VM a name of your choice, set the type to Linux and version to Other Linux (64-bit).
- Click next and give the VM a minimum of 4GB(4096MB).
- Keep clicking Next until it says File location and size, it doesn't really matter how much you give it because the system doesn't run on a physical hard drive.
- Click Create and you're almost all done.
- Click on Settings.
- In the System page click the Processor tab and set the processor count to 4.
- In the Display page set the Video Memory to 128MB.
- In the Storage page, click on the empty CD symbol, check the Live CD/DVD option and then select the ISO you downloaded.
- Click OK to finish and then click Start to run dahliaOS.