Here are some helpful development milestones for new contributors and seasoned expert developers looking to enhance the dahliaOS experience.
Tables are formatted as follows:
- Idea - The basic concept of a specific aspect of a project
- Description - Should be self-describing, really ;)
- Starting point - A handy place to start looking when implementing an idea
- Assignee - Current person working on the idea, preferably by Github username
- Status - OPEN, CLOSED, or BLOCKED. Blocked ideas are limited by technical limitations within third-party libraries or superseded by other issues.
Not all repositories are shown, and they are listed in alphabetical order.
Buildroot - Tool to configure and build dahliaOS Linux-based builds
|Single build that supports both EFI and Legacy PCs||Builds currently require two images, EFI and Legacy. Ideally, these could be merged into a single image file, simplifying distribution.||Legacy ISO image config EFI board configuration files||OPEN|
|XOrg Improvements/Wayland Migration||Currently, XOrg on dahliaOS is *extremely* janky, failing its startup service, then manually needing to be configured and restarted using .profile. Wayland may provide a more convenient and faster platform for displaying Pangolin, and may also make the migration to a standalone Pangolin Desktop environment easier.||XOrg initialization script Wayland package, set with BR2_PACKAGE_WAYLAND=y||OPEN|
|Improve desktop session startup||Currently Pangolin is started by some terminal startup scripts rather than system services. It should be passed through a display manager, and started that way.||Profile script that starts Pangolin||OPEN|